This walkthrough demonstrates how to use the Windows Azure AppFabric Cache to cache ASP.NET Session State. This includes
- Storing user activity in the ASP.NET Session object
- Demonstrating what happens if the connection to web role containing the Session data is lost
- Deploying the Windows Azure AppFabric Cache to store Session State data in the distributed cache
- Demonstrating the distributed cache will persist Session State data to a new web role
If you want to follow along with the video, this archive has the following resources:
Prerequisites to Run the Solution
- Solution file containing sample code of the beginning state of the project
- This readme file
Click here to view video on Showcase
- AppFabric Portal account and a provisioned cache; please see “How to Set Up and Deploy a Simple Cache”, on CodePlex for more information.
- Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Web Developer Express.